Daniel A. Swick is a business counselor with more than 25 years of experience providing general corporate counsel and tax advice on a full range of business and personal planning matters, including estate, tax and closely-held business planning.
Counsel to High-Net-Worth Families
Dan is a trusted counselor for many families with significant multigenerational wealth and closely-held business and real estate interests, helping them structure their estate plans to minimize gift, estate and generation-skipping taxes in the transmission of their wealth. Valued for his integrity and forthright manner, Dan also frequently guides family members of different generations through emotionally-charged challenges, such as business disputes, divorces and other critical financial matters.
Complex Transactions for Family and Closely-Held Businesses
Dan also structures, negotiates and manages complex transactions for his clients across an array of industries, and advises them on business succession planning. He leverages this robust experience across the full business lifecycle to advise his clients on all of their business concerns, including commercial and real estate holdings and matters of business strategy.
- New York University School of Law (LL.M., 1978)
- Rutgers Law School (J.D., 1976)
- New York University (B.A., 1973)
- New Jersey
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Represented the stockholders of MGM Transport Corporation in the sale of MGM to CF Holding Company, Inc.
- Representation of Old London Foods, the maker of Melba toast, and its stockholders in their sale of all the issued and outstanding stock to Nonni's Food Company.
- Representation of Dubilier & Company and other investors in connection with the acquisition and refinancing of DC Safety Sales Co., the leading supplier of OEM first aid kits.
- Represented Denville Scientific, Inc., a New Jersey-based distributor of molecular biology research products, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a newly-formed subsidiary of Harvard Biosciences, Inc., a NASDAQ-listed company based in Boston.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law (2013-2019), Tax Law (2016-2019), Trusts and Estates (2017-2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
- Jewish Federation of North Jersey and Greater Clifton-Passaic (Past President, Joint Endowment Foundation)